2. Martin Luther King Health Center
$2,900 - Support their Lifestyle Change & Wellness Program to reduce the risk of developing
Type 2 diabetes. The program teaches individuals wellness, nutrition and physical activity
to reduce the risk of diabetes.
3. The Fuller Center for Housing
$5,000 -Used to provide decent homes for low-income families living in poverty. This effort
will assist to restore neighborhoods and strengthing communities.
4. Shreve Island Elementary School
$5,000 - Supports the "The Leader in Me" leadership building program. Students are taught
leadership skills in academics, sports and social settings.
5. Caddo Career & Technology Center Foundation
$1,500 - Provides scholarships to students who pursue higher education through the
6. Northwest Louisiana Food Bank
$4,550 -Purchase air curtain and motor control panel to ensure proper storage and safety of food.
Speaker honorariums of $300 each were presented to these organizations:
1. Shreveport Opera Express
2. Love in Action Ministry
3. LSU Health Science Shreveport Foundation
4. Caddo-Bossier Cancer Foundation League, Inc.
5. The Center for Families, Inc.
6. Northwest Louisiana Interfaith Pharmacy